- Strategic patent counseling on creation and utilization of patent portfolios
- Preparing, filing, and prosecuting U.S. and International patent applications
- Providing advice and legal opinions on patentability, patent validity, and patent infringement
- Liability avoidance through patent clearance and design-arounds
- Preparing corporate patent policies
- Enforcing patents through negotiation and, if necessary, litigation in the federal courts
Click here to see our professionals who specialize in Patents.
- Counseling clients regarding the selection, adoption and use of trademarks and service marks
- Conducting trademark and service mark searches, and the rendering of legal opinions concerning the adoption, infringement and registration of trademarks and service marks
- Preparation, filing, and prosecution of applications for registration of trademarks and service marks before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and various state and international trademark authorities
- Representation of clients in inter partes opposition and cancellation proceedings before the United States Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and similar administrative bodies in foreign jurisdictions
- Maintenance and renewal of trademark registrations
- Preparing corporate trademark policies
- Enforcement of trademark rights through negotiation and, if necessary, litigation in state and federal courts
Click here to see our professionals who specialize in Trademarks.
- Preparing and prosecuting applications for copyright registration before the United States Copyright Office
- Obtaining copyright searches, and the rendering of legal opinions concerning the infringement and registration of copyrights
- Enforcement of copyrights through negotiation and, if necessary, litigation in federal courts
Click here to see our professionals who specialize in Copyrights.
- Patent infringement litigation
- Trademark infringement litigation
- Copyright infringement litigation
- Trade secret litigation
- Adversarial patent actions, including inter partes patent reviews (IPRs) before the PTAB, covered business method patent reviews (CBMs) before the PTAB, ex parte patent reexaminations in the CRU, and post grant patent reviews (PGRs) before the PTAB
- Adversarial trademark actions, including trademark oppositions before the TTAB, and trademark cancellations before the TTAB
- Domain name disputes in the courts and via UDRP arbitration
- gTLD disputes, including string contention set challenges
- Customs enforcement actions relating to IP rights
- International IP litigation and disputes
- Adversarial licensing activities carrying a real threat of litigation
Click here to see our professionals who specialize in IP Litigation.
- Counseling of clients as to modes of protection and enforcement of their trade secrets
- Preparing and negotiating secrecy and confidentiality contracts, corporate policy statements regarding trade secrets, and provisions of employment and/or independent contractor agreements regarding maintenance of trade secrets
- Referrals to appropriate law enforcement authorities for prosecution of criminal trade secret misappropriations
- Enforcement of trade secret rights through negotiation and, if necessary, litigation in state and federal courts
Click here to see our professionals who specialize in Trade Secrets.
- Agreements for licensing or assignment of patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets and technical know-how
- In corporate transactions such as mergers, acquisitions and financings, collaborating with corporate counsel to draft and negotiate agreements and undertake due diligence
- Manufacturing, Distributorship, and Dealer Agreements
- Employment and Consulting Agreements
- Work For Hire Copyright Agreements
- Research and Development Agreements
- Pre-market Testing Agreements, including agreements for beta testing of software, video games, and other products
- Technology Transfer Agreements
- Confidentiality, Standstill and Non-Compete Agreements
- Enforcement of contracts and agreements through negotiation and, if necessary, litigation in state and federal courts
Click here to see our professionals who specialize in Licensing and Business Transactions.