IP litigation, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, licensing, domain name disputes, unfair competition, anti-counterfeiting, worldwide brand enforcement/protection, and IP counseling
Ms. Lang has focused her legal practice on intellectual property, concentrating on IP litigation as well as trademark filings, copyright filings, and providing general IP counsel to foreign and domestic clients in a wide array of industries, including computer software, healthcare, biotechnology, retail, restaurant, food and beverage services, entertainment, music, publishing, fashion, cosmetics, finance, agriculture, metal working, emissions technology, and physical training equipment and technology.
Ms. Lang graduated cum laude from Duke Law and served on the Executive Board for the Duke Law and Technology Review, a highly regarded intellectual property publication, and authored and published the following Note, which has subsequently been cited in other publications: “What, if any, Are the Ethical Obligations of the U.S. Patent Office?: A Closer Look at the Biological Sampling of Indigenous Groups,” (Duke Law & Technology Review, May, 2006).
Ms. Lang boasts many unique and diverse experiences. She was given the prestigious honor to serve as a White House Intern, she played on the National Championship NCAA Div. 1 Water Polo Team for U.S.C., and she worked as an ocean lifeguard for the State of California during her summers off from school.
Admitted to the Bar
California; All California United States District Courts; Federal Circuit; U.S. Supreme Court
University of Southern California, B.A., Magna Cum Laude, 2003
Duke University, J.D., M.P.P., Cum Laude, 2007
- Polikretis v. Hatch Brands, LLC (TTAB 2017) – Lead counsel representing Plaintiff in successful TTAB opposition. Judgment entered against Hatch Brands, LLC.
- Crayola Properties, Inc. v. Deep Space Sparkle, Inc. (TTAB 2017) – Lead counsel representing Defendant in pending TTAB opposition.
- HAAS Automation, Inc. v. Franz Hauer, AT (EUIPO Opposition 2017) – United States counsel representing Plaintiff in international trademark opposition. Case pending.
- Lead Counsel for Claimant before the American Arbitration Association. Claimant awarded 1.4 Million in binding arbitration award in case alleging trademark infringement, Lanham Act Violations, false advertising, trade secret and related state claims. (Case. No. 01-17-0002-3093, September 25, 2017, Los Angeles, CA).
- Entrepreneur Media Inc. v. O2E Brands, Inc. (C.D. Cal. 2017) – Lead counsel represented defendant in case for trademark infringement, Lanham Act, and related common law claims.
- Fisher V. Barry’s Ticket Services, Inc. (C.D. Cal. 2017) – Lead counsel representing Plaintiff in case alleging willful copyright infringement and alteration of copyright management information. Case Pending.
- C-Suite Media Inc. v. C-Suite Network et al (C.D. Cal 2017) – Co-Lead Counsel represented Plaintiff in case alleging federal and common law trademark infringement and related unfair competition claims.
- SoCal IP Law Group LLP v. Bruchim et al (C.D. Cal 2016) – Co-Lead Counsel represented Plaintiff.
- Rincon Distribution LLC v. Dodge Delaware Inc. (C.D. Cal. 2016) – Lead Counsel for Plaintiff in alleged trademark infringement suit. Confidential Settlement. Case dismissed.
- Oncam Global Inc. v. Oncam Inc. (U.S.D.C. Mass. 2016) – Co-Lead counsel for Defendant in alleged trademark infringement case. Confidential Settlement. Case dismissed.
- 24 Hour Fitness v. A Apex (2016) – Lead counsel representing defendant. Confidential settlement.
- Lead Counsel for Plaintiff in Successful WIPO Arbitration domain name dispute against Colmex Bygg AB (Sweden) (6/2016)
- Dentslply et al v. Cure Medical LLC (M.D. Penn 2015) – Co-Lead Counsel for Defendant in alleged patent infringement case regarding catheter technology. Voluntary Dismissal by Plaintiff.
- TSX Toys. Inc. v. 665, Inc. et al (C.D. Cal. 2015) – Lead counsel representing the Plaintiff. Defendants’ motion to dismiss denied regarding Plaintiff’s claims for Copyright Infringement and Removal or Alteration of Copyright Information.
- Athena Cosmetics, Inc. v. Everett Cosmetics (EU Trademark Opposition 2015) – Lead counsel representing the Plaintiff. Successful opposition including costs.
- Ramsoft Inc. v. Imaging Advantage LLC et al (C.D. Cal. 2014) – Lead counsel representing the Defendants. Copyright lawsuit involving healthcare-related computer software (confidential settlement).
- Broadcast Music, Inc., et al. v. The Tipsy Goat, Inc. et al. (C.D. Cal . 2014) – Lead counsel for defendants in copyright infringement matter. Dismissed with prejudice (confidential settlement).
- Speculative Product Design v. STU Distribution Services et al. (C.D. Cal. 2014) – Lead counsel for defendants in copyright infringement matter. Dismissed with prejudice (confidential settlement).
- Athena Cosmetics, Inc. v. Divine Skin (T.T.A.B 2014) – Lead counsel representing the Plaintiff (confidential settlement).
- Procter & Gamble v. Athena Cosmetics, Inc. (T.T.A.B 2014) – Lead counsel representing the defendant. Opposition Dismissed with Prejudice.
- First Fitness International Inc. v. Athena Cosmetics, Inc. (T.T.A.B 2014) – Lead counsel representing the defendant. Opposition Dismissed with Prejudice.
- Athena Cosmetics v. Ashton et al. (C.D. Cal. 2014) – Lead counsel representing the Plaintiff. Permanent Injunction Granted; Statutory Damages of $100,000 plus attorney’s fees awarded to Plaintiff.
- Olson v. Sperry (C.D. Cal. 2014) – co-counsel for plaintiff on pending copyright infringement case.
- Smith v. Heritage Ranch (C.D. Cal 2013) –co counsel for defendant; federal jury trial.
- E-Constructon Corporation v. J. Sikkeland (Cal Sup. Ct. 2011) – Lead counsel representing Defendant and Cross-Complainant. Confidential settlement.
- Expense Reduction Analysts, Inc. v. Gupta, et al. (E.D. Mich. 2010) – Lead counsel representing the Plaintiff. Confidential Settlement.
- In re Bisphenol-A Polycarbonate Plastic Prods. Liab. Litig. (W.D. Miss 2008-2009) – Lead counsel to be noticed for Mead Johnson & Company in a federal class action; Class Certification denied; ultimately Judgment for Defendant.
- Hauer v. Priceline.com Inc. (N.D. Cal. 2008) – Lead counsel to be noticed for Priceline in federal unfair competition matter; Plaintiff’s motion to remand denied.
- Moda v. Priceline.com, Inc. (C.D. Cal. 2008) – Lead counsel to be noticed for Priceline in federal unfair competition matter; Case remanded.
- Davari v. Priceline.com, Inc. (C.D. Cal. 2008) – Lead counsel to be noticed for Priceline in federal unfair competition matter; Action Dismissed.